Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years

We have an 08 sierra 6.0 with p069e code, no fuel pump pressure.

Customer Question

We have an 08 sierra 6.0 with p069e code, no fuel pump pressure. Replaced fuel pump and still no fuel pressure. 185,000 miles on truck. Read should check fuel pump control module next.
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All I can say is vehicle cranks fine, no fuel pressure at fuel rail on engine. P069E CODE. The fuse box cover shows a fuel pump relay but there is not a relay plugged in to the fuse box. Also p025a was in memory.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: OE fuel pump assembly,
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: Did I mention it is a 6.0 engine, clean higher miles truck. He does tow his boat with this truck and it get wet in the summer. He just had it in the lake recently. We have replaced tank vent valve in past.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: GMC truck
JA: Waiting to talk to the expert reminds me of the time I talked to an expert when I had problems with my new cats. My three cats all came from a rescue mission and were scrawny scared little creatures when I got them. Who could ever be mean to a cat?
Customer: We are an import shop but we just started working on the cat rescue vehicles near us, one of our audi customers suggested that they give us a call.
JA: I called my cats Facet, Carat, and Sparkle as part of our family tradition of precious stones. But Sparkle has a glint in her eye that doesn't bode well for the birds outside.
Customer: My daughter got her cat from the rescue.
JA: Yup.
Customer: How much do you charge for your services?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I should be able to trust a cat person, do you want my credit card now?
JA: I'm the GM Mechanic's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: How soon will you be able to get back to me and what else do you need from me ?
JA: Not much.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
do you have a multi meter on hand ?do you know where the fuel pump module is ( fpcm ) under the bed of the truck near the spare time ?
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
how are you making out ?99 % of the time the 69 code is set duwe to a bad fuel pressure moduleif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer