Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2003 4500 duramax. Just installed 3 new batteries and won't

Customer Question

2003 4500 duramax. Just installed 3 new batteries and won't engage starter. Have power, turn key to start and everything goes dead
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just no power once I turn the key to start. Have checked fuses and starter relay.....nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Gonna try
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.I noticed you posted you had checked the fuses and the starter relay, so is the starter relay getting ground from the ECM? If not, is the Security warning light on? If yes, then your Vehicle Theft Deterrent system is preventing the starter from engaging.