Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

98 jimmy 4.3l. Ran perfect, with no trouble codes. Had a

Customer Question

98 jimmy 4.3l. Ran perfect, with no trouble codes. Had a leaking fuel line, so had shop replace all fuel lines along with fuel pump, exhaust crossover and 02 sensors. Has not run right since. The shop had it for 2 weeks, couldn't get it running right again so sent it back to me to get rid of it. Right now it has p0107 and p0122 codes and is at least driveable but not right. I have replaced TPS, MAP, EGR, and TPS ground to ECM. Also replaced ECM. Car idles rough, has slow acceleration and hard shifts. Once at speed, it seems to run fine. I'm stumped and in need of one of your expert master mechanic's advice.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code? I used to be their Dream Interpretation Expert before they asked me to be Assistant to the Experts. Do you love where you work?
Customer: Please......I'm not looking for canned pre recorded responses. If you can't get get me an expert to talk to I will go somewhere else for advice
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: If you would bother to read my original post, you would see a long list of every thing I did........Please don't jerk me around
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Pearl do you have someone that can help me or not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.how much fuel pressure does it have now?