Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I had to replace the front passenger brake line on a 1996 Sonoma.

Customer Question

I had to replace the front passenger brake line on a 1996 Sonoma. Now I can`t bleed the brake lines. I have fluid coming to all 4 takes, how do i tell if it is the master cylinder giving me problems.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pumping the pedal at 4 corners until fluid comes out. have done it several times. also tried gravity flow. didn`t work
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: like what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 months ago.
So you have fluid to all four brakes, correct? Does pedal feel solid or mushy when pumping the brake pedal with the engine off?