Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

I have a 2008 gmc envoy and sometimes when your driving with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 gmc envoy and sometimes when your driving with the air conditioning on all of a sudden the air will not be cold and at the same time my temperature gauge will drop to 100. I'm thinking its a short of some kind?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
when this happens the passenger and drivers side will be hot ?how often will it do this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes probably happens 5 times a week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the control for the driver side stays on cold it wont go to hot
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
usually when this happens the compressor is shutting off due to a low charge or most common the AC relay in the under hood fuse box is bad or the terminals in the box the relay plugs into are dirtyas for the temp gauge dropping down that is usually because the compressor is off and the fan is still at full speed usually a new relay and packing the terminals in the box the relay plugs into dielectric grease does the trick # ***** i the picture located on the drivers side of the heater box near the gas pedalas for the drivers side cold all the time that is usually a bad drivers side temp actuator as seen in the picture i attached your best bet is to make sure the refrigerant is full if it is replace the AC relay and pack the terminals with the dielectric grease and replace the drivers side temp actuatorif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In current codes i have B0414
In history codes i have b0414 u1301
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok with those codes they are saying that the temp control feed back for the drivers side temp actuatorwhich is usually a bad drivers side temp actuatorif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer