Roy Scarlett
Roy Scarlett,
Experience:  Auto Mechanics Teacher at Levittown Schools

I used my yukon keep rear door to open, no the dome

Customer Question

I used my yukon keep for the rear door to open, no the dome light wont go off and the dash message says rear access door, and it' completly shut
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The rear access remote onthe key was used and now the dome lights wont come off and message on dash say rear door access
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes it in front of the house and im afraid it will run my battery down
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: turn off igniton, locked door then reuse remote rear door opener. Maybe desconnecting the battery may reboot?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The GM Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: no, it just happened
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will need a little more information to see if I can help you. What year and model is the yukon? What were you doing at that time at the rear door?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
fixed, when i opened the back door, id did not close the window portion
OK, glad it was an easy fix for you.