Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 1981 K2500 GMC pickup with an issue The pickup

Customer Question

I have a 1981 K2500 GMC pickup with an issue
The pickup starts hard after sitting over night requiring many pump on the gas pedal to get fuel enough to start. Once started the vehicles idles good after a few minutes warming up. When driving easy the pickup accelerates correctly, but when under load or heavy throttle the pickup begins to stumble and pop until you back off. I was wondering if this is a carburetor issue or something else. I took it to a mechanic a while back that adjusted the carb and it ran well for about a week and went back its old ways. I bought this truck used and as far as I know all the components look stock. Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitare the basic tune up parts new or newer the cap and rotor and wires and plugs and fuel filter ?