Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

I have a GMC 2003 Envoy XL, SLT 4.2 liter automatic 4X4. When

Customer Question

I have a GMC 2003 Envoy XL, SLT 4.2 liter automatic 4X4. When driving my trans shifts fine except from 3rd to 4th gear. the engine races and rpm goes up while its trying to shift. IF I keep reeving engine then it will eventually shift and run fine. no slipping in any gears.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: When will he respond to my question
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It depends on what is causing the problem. I'm thinking of changing out the trans without having it diagnosed first.
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: Not that I know of at this time. Vehicle runs good except shifting into 4th. There are no engine codes.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry for the long waiti am assuming the fluid is full ?