Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Are you still there Pearl?JA: I'm here.Customer: Ok. park

Customer Question

Are you still there Pearl?
JA: I'm here.
Customer: Ok. park my 03 envoy the night before everything fine, get up to go to work battery to low to crank. Charge and start, holy shit runs like a 1 cylinder tractor. tried to check I. coils and F. injectors nothing resembles what the book says. My code reader only says missfire on # ***** cyl.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: yes and run though rough
JA: Glad to hear that. How old is the battery?
Customer: not sure but all voltage checks are good and the alternator is up to snuff
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well yes, with your help
JA: Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: just since this all started. When driving and go from low beam lights to high the lights go out. Don't know if they are connected but thats when that started.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. While running if you disable cylinders one by one by unplugging the injectors, is there a cylinder when disabled that does not make it run worse?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey Moose, to answer your ? I have not done that. I learned through some mechanical background I a bad miss.
first thing I did was change the plugs and fuel filter, bought a c.reader and hooked it up.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In addition I just came in from looking the coil and plug of the offending cyl. and it appears to be getting spark seen by the arc marks on the cathode. however it feelt somewhat damp and smelled gassy
Thanks for letting me know what you have done so far. Let me know when you can determine which cylinders are not helping.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Moose. How would I be able to open dialog with you tomorrow?
Open JA and log in, go to my questions. Find this post and open it and reply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your welcome
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris