Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali that has the power running boards

Customer Question

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali that has the power running boards that go in and out when you open and close the doors. They work about 80% of the time, but they don't work about 20% of the time. Motors seem fine, and the hinges are not in a bind. Seems like it is a control module issue.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That is all I have
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having with your running boards is a known issues and GM has released a service bulletin dealing this concern which calls for reprogramming the running board step controller. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Running%20boards%20APr%2015.pdf