Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Gmc truck: I have a 96 gmc c1500 with a engine out of a 2000

Customer Question

I have a 96 gmc c1500 with a engine out of a 2000 gmc sonoma and I have replaced the throttle portion Egr valve new exhaust ignition mod and coil. With that said it starts great but as soon as I try to accelerate it starts to choke it self out turn it off start again it will run fine then choke its self out again now it still starts but as soon as I put it in gear it starts to choke itself out
Category: GMC
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you checked for any codes in the computer? Have you checked the fuel pressure? Are you looking for some possible causes? Would you be willing to speak on the phone?
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
I am going to send over an over. Please accept my offer and call me if you are willing to speak on the phone. I will check back with you shortly.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!