mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

2008 GMC Acadia. the service stabilitrak and traction

Customer Question

2008 GMC Acadia.
the service stabilitrak and traction control turned off light appears. Have a misfire on cyl 1. also have a code p0300. I changed the coil and the mis fire is stil there.
Category: GMC
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
have you removed the spark plug to inspect it? also was your check engine light flashing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
light was flashing
havenet removed spark plug. Looking to see if this is a known problem with this model of engine.;
coils are a known issue. and a flashing light means it is an electrical misfire. you replaced just one coil?
what size engine do you have?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is 3.6. the only acadia engine. and yes, i replace the coil on the only misfiring cylinder
just to be clear the coil you replaced was the one closest to the front of the engine against the firewall of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes.
i would start with removing the plugs to inspect them to ensure they are not bad.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, i will get back to you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can you send me the gm procedure for spark plug removal?
Removal Procedure Remove the ignition coil(s).Caution: Wear safety glasses when using compressed air in order to prevent eye injury.Notice: Clean the spark plug recess area before removing the spark plug. Failure to do so could result in engine damage because of dirt or foreign material entering the cylinder head, or by the contamination of the cylinder head threads. The contaminated threads may prevent the proper seating of the new plug. Use a thread chaser to clean the threads of any contamination. Use compressed air in order to remove debris from the spark plug cavity.Notice: Allow the engine to cool before removing the spark plugs. Attempting to remove the spark plugs from a hot engine may cause the plug threads to seize, causing damage to cylinder head threads. Remove the spark plug.
.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok changed the spark plug. No joy. Misfire is just as bad.
do you have a scanner to watch misfire counters to see what cylinders are being affected? if it is more than just number one or if it is isolated to only that cylinder since you have a 300 i am thinking you have more than one cylinder having an issue? also are you able to do a compression check on cylinder one since low compression will cause a cat damaging misfire.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I have a scanner and yes it's only cylinder 1
Then i would suggest performing a compression check on that cylinder and another cylinder on the other bank to compare
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, my sister took this acadia to the chevy dealer and they and are telling her she needs some 300 dollar deep fuel injection cleaning. I am confused as the misfire on her car only happens in cyl #1. Why would she need a entire fuel injection cleaning for one cylinder misfiring???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello??
I apologize my system has been crashing lately. I will opt out to allow another expert in.They are wanting to do a fuel injection system cleaning as a way to try and possible clean out the injector and decarbon the engine. Unless you have a flow machine which no shops have you cannont clean one injecyor. Yhe flow machine is used mainly only by manufacturers who make injectors or specifoc rebuild shops that rebuild injectors.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you make sure you have opted out. i have seen it when the expert opts out it says "locating an expert" or whatever. It still says "you have a response" on my question.