Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.

Gmc Yukon hybrid: My 08 yukon hybrid lost power while driving

Customer Question

My 08 yukon hybrid lost power while driving and said reduced power. When giving gas it reved like trans was slipping. Pulled over and started slow, could get moving as long as you did not push the gas hard or it would rev with no power. Then it felt like it was braking and I stopped. Would not start or move. Switched the car battery and still no crank over. Is there codes that would make it not start? Also before batter change it was saying service power steering and service hybrid system?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Anytime the reduce power light come on the computer is seeing a systems fault and when this happens it will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need scan the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should have set. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this .