Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

Getting "poor quality Def" error on dic wondering what to do

Customer Question

getting "poor quality Def" error on dic wondering what to do to clear error once and for all
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: own a 2011 Savana 3500 with A Duramax have had it in several time to repair same issue keeps coming back with error many time error simplly disappeas this last time restricted my speed to 4 mpg
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: i think this is a common problem from what I've read online haven't seen too many peop;e finding a resolution to the problem
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i like to fix myself cant really afford to pay a dealership anymore they dont seem to have any better idea than anyone else
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the Nox sensors checked or replaced if one or more of these are at fault here this can cause false signals to the ECM which can set off this quality def fault here.I have had to replace these sensors before that have become contaminated with poor fluid in the past and continue to set this warning off.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete