Amedee, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist

My name is ***** *****, I've been having issues with my 2007

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****, I've been having issues with my 2007 Yukon Denali XL. First I had some wires I guess rounding out and it made the truck trip. So all my lights and everything were flashing and I had no start up power. I got the problem fixed by GM, rotted hall now it doesn't start. Just clicks. It is showing however that my battery is charged and everything is operating I windows door locks etc. Not sure what the problem could be it is a fairly new starter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband says the clicking is coming from the driver side engine compartment. Not where the starter is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses? Also, what size engine do you have?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
6.2ltr engine Yukon Denali XL
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All the electronics works, the engine doesn't turn over. Clicks one time when turn the key then when in start position.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! Provided the engine has a good ground and the battery and connections are good, it sounds to me like the problem is going to be a bad starter motor.