Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

Trying to mount a front bumper air deflector to bumper on

Customer Question

Trying to mount a front bumper air deflector to bumper on 2006 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton P/U truck. Bumper is off vehicle. Do I need to remove the 2 "Inside" bumper brackets from bumper before mounting the deflector ? Also, I have installed the plastic "nuts"(17) into the square holes on the under side of the bumper. Now having trouble threading retainer pins through the deflector into the "nuts" and having the pins stay in the "nuts."
Thank you
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure you have all of the right parts and components to fit the bumper.If this is a factory air deflector let me know and I will see if I can locate some info on this.If this is an after market deflector let me know the manufacturer of this and I will see what I can locate on this as well.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Refer to original inquiry. My inquiry regards ***** ***** of the original air deflector. Does it have to be mounted on the bumper PRIOR to re-attaching bumper to vehicle? Also, I have installed the plastic "nuts"(17) into the square holes on the under side ofthe bumper. Now having trouble threading retainer pins through the deflector into the "nuts" and having the pins stay in the "nuts."
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately after looking through all my info on this here it doesnt list how this is installed unfortunately but someone else here may have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

yes the front air defector air/dam can be installed before the bumper goes back on the truck

can you upload a picture of the nuts and the push pins or hardware you are using to install it ?