Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

I am trying to replace fuel injectors on a 2011 GMC Acadia.

Customer Question

I am trying to replace fuel injectors on a 2011 GMC Acadia. The rear fuel rail will not pull out because the passenger side end of the rail is hitting a water passage part of the head before I can get the injector completely pulled out of the hole. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have all of the correct tools to install these direct inject injectors?

Is there any way you can snap a picture of these injectors and rail and upload it here so I can see exactly what is occuring for sure?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have all the tools I need, but this is my daughters car and she lives a half hour away so it will take me awhile to get a picture. Thanks Rodger
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,I dont show any special procedure on the rail contacting the part of the cylinder head for this model here.Usually the intake is removed then the fuel rail crossover pipe then the injectors rails one at a time.All injectors need rebuilt/replaced if one is serviced on this model here.

It may be that the clip that holds the injector to the fuel rail has to be removed to then be able to possibly separate the injector from the rail when lifting it in this corner area to see if it will remove then.I have had to do this on some models in the past before when the rail was to tight to remove with the injector attached to it.If you need the injector replacement procedure let me know.I can also post the fuel rail procedure but it doesnt show anything contacting the head just to remove the intake from the engine to remove the fuel rails.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete