Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia,
Experience:  Lead Automotive Tech at Belle Tire

07 gmc 4x4 5.3...... same problem as most other stabilitrack

Customer Question

07 gmc 4x4 5.3...... same problem as most other stabilitrack and traction control issues with these... i cant find a solid answer as to the fix to the problem?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: stabilitrack light and warning that its off, traction control off, and rough running as well as hard shifting
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tps
JA: Huh?
Customer: throttle position sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GMC Mechanic should know about your GMC?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no simple answer to this question as it could be cause by any number of things. Do you have access to a scan tool capable of pulling codes or live data stream? If not then the best I can offer is to check for vacuum leaks. I just had one the other day where the previous tech had knocked a PCV connector loose while replacing the screen beneath the oil pressure sensor. Hope this helps. If not let me know what kind of diagnostic equipment you have access to and we can proceed.