Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.

2004 gmc 4 wd brake pedal pulses when making right turn into

Customer Question

2004 gmc 4 wd brake pedal pulses when making right turn into parking space makesa noise till stopped pedal fine in staight line braking
Category: GMC
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Have you tried to replace or repair anything yet to fix this problem? And, you haven't had to add any brake fluid lately have you? So there isn't a leak anywhere that you have noticed?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no leaks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no repiars yet trying to find where to start
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

I follow you, how long has it been since you put front pads on it? and were they quality pads? some of those cheap semi metallic have had issues with.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2yr put new pads and rotors on suppose to be best pads oreilleys auto part have
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Alright, If you don't have any ABS light on, it's likely nothing wrong in that system. I would suspect the rotors may be slightly warped causing this problem, or some foreign substance got on the rotors, grease maybe or anything that would make it brake uneven. If you turn the rotors and inspect the pads, sand them or replace them if you see anything wrong with them like they've been hot or if they have any cracks, I would replace them. If you can jack up the front end, make sure both wheels turn freely and no caliper is sticking. I believe that approach will fix it. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.