Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2004 GMC Envoy SUV. You reccomended that I replace two parts

Customer Question

2004 GMC Envoy SUV. You reccomended that I replace two parts in the gas tank fill line because the gas station pump kept shutting off unless I just opened the gas station filler hose valve a very little tiny amount. I replaced the two parts and still have the problem. Is their an air vent or similiar device which lets the air out of the tank as it is filled or something else?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the GM Service Bulletin didn't solve the problem. When there are Technical Service Bulletins issued, more times than not, these are the first things to try and solve the problem. The other item that could cause the symptoms you are having is a faulty EVAP Vent Solenoid. It's located under the vehicle, mounted to the rear of the fuel tank. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the plastic hoses for any cracks or holes. For an image location view, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3v2mbb7byn84zd/evap-vent.jpg?dl=0