Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

My front brakes lock up, and the ABS and Service Stability

Customer Question

My front brakes lock up, and the ABS and Service Stability lights are on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The ABS light was on, and code said right front sensor was bad. I replaced the sensor and now the brakes lock up when I apply the brakes. And, the Service Stability light is on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 9 months ago.

The next step in accurate diagnosis will be to scan the abs and stability system for failure code information.

From there we can have a good direction for diagnosis, it is not a good idea to guess the failure and just replace parts as that can be expensive and not always necessary.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have a scanner that will diagnose the stability system. That is why I am asking you what it could be.
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 8 months ago.

There are so many possibilities , scanning the computer systems is the most accurate place to start.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Again, my scanner is incapable of ashowing codes for the stabilty system. It just shows the code for the ABS, which says the right front ABS sensor is bad. I have changed that. But, now, the right front brake is locking up, and the Service Stability is on. This is why I contacted this website. But, apparently, you cannot help me.