Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

My 1997 surburan 1500 will not start if it has been seting

Customer Question

my 1997 surburan 1500 will not start if it has been seting for a few hpurs but will if you clamp off the fuel line what may cause this help
Category: GMC
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

this sounds like fuel pressure regulator may be faulty

as clamping the return line will increase the fuel pressure at the injector rail

and so if the engine then starts like this then there's a lack of pressure which can be down to a faulty pump, or faulty pressure regulator on the end of the injector rail or faulty power supply to the fuel pump

so I'd reccommend to replace the pressure regulator as the next step

Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you