Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

How do I disengage the "exceeding speed limit" warning

Customer Question

how do I disengage the "exceeding speed limit" warning signal on 2014 gmc sierra?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I believe this is in the calibration of one of the computers in your model here to where it will need reprogrammed to correct this fault here.A dealer will have to plug in their computer to your vehicle with their communication adapter to check and see if they can reprogram this.In some cases this cannot be done unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete