Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I HAVE 02 ENVOY THAT THE KEY WONT COME OUT AND I CAN MOVE

Customer Question

I HAVE 02 ENVOY THAT THE KEY WONT COME OUT AND I CAN MOVE SHIFTER INTO ALL GEARS WITHOUT PRESSING THE BUTTON.... CAN YOU HELP?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: SHIFTER COMES OUT OF GEAR WITHOUT PRESSING THE BUTTON, AND THE IGNITION KEY IS STUCK
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: TRYING
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: NOPE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $27 after the GM Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Kavey replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Aside from that does it start and run fine? No other symptoms that you are aware of?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
VEHICLE RUNS FINE, NO OTHER SYMPTOMS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THE KEY WONT TURN ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE OFF POSITION. INSTEAD IT STOPS AT THE ACC POSITION WHEN TRYING TO TURN IT OFF.. BUT I CAN STILL START DRIVE AND SHIFT THROUGH ALL GEARS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HELLO ARE YOU THERE?
Expert:  Kavey replied 9 months ago.

Yes I am here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WAITING ON A RESPONSE???
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WERE YOU ABLE TO COME UP WITH AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION????
Expert:  Kavey replied 9 months ago.

I will opt out if Im not fast enough for you. I prefer to thoroughly investigate situations and there are some TSBs related to your issue on your vehicle that I was looking over before asking you to do any testing. Sorry. Hopefully another expert will come along and be able to help you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ITS NOT A MATTER OF YOU TAKING TOO LONG. I JUST WASN'T GETTING ANY RESPONSE FROM YOU.