Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Im about to purchase an o8 gmc crew cab 2500 duramax

Customer Question

im about to purchase an o8 gmc crew cab 2500 duramax equipped with an edge tuner. the truck has 285,000 km on it.....should I expect problems? what should I look for?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have a scan tool plugged into the vehicle to check for any fault codes set.This should be a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and correct any fault.I would have the injectors checked/tested for any issues as well as the turbo system.It is best to have the vehicle checked over fully for any issues before purchasing it but these are some common issues that should be checked as well as the engine checked over for any major oil leaks.Injector replacement can be expensive.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete