Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm ***** *****. I have a 2003 silverado 1500hd with

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****. I have a 2003 silverado 1500hd with quadrasteer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Recently I have been having issues with the quadrasteer. Once in a while I will have and issue when I am turning left the service 4 wheel steer light comes on and the rear wheel will lock out. I turn the vehicle off and back in and it resets and is fine until the next random time it happens. But the bigger issue is when I am driving (most noticeable at highway speeds) I can push the accelerator and you can feel the rear end move to the left just a bit. When you let off the gas it goes back. I had a friend in the vehicle and confirmed that when I pushed the gas the back tire actually most just a bit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Have you had a chance to scan to to see which codes are stored?

Does the rear turn on light, moderate, or hard acceleration?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The shop I took it to did scan it for codes. I don't recall exactly which codes came up. I can work on getting those when the shop opens today.As for the wheels turning on acceleration, if the wheels are watched closely they seem to turn a few degrees no matter how slight or aggressive the accretion is.

Thanks, ***** ***** know those codes when you can.