Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

I have a 99 gmc Sierra 1500 ext cab 3rd door 4.8. I bought a

Customer Question

I have a 99 gmc Sierra 1500 ext cab 3rd door 4.8. I bought a used BCM for it and the dealer told me over the phone they could REPROGRAM it to the options I have. When I got there, after about two hours they said it never asked them for RPO codes and they did not exactly know why. So they did the security relearn, but my truck has none of the options it had before. Can a used BCM be flashed for a new truck or not? Thanks!
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases you can use a Used BCM but its not uncommon for programming to not complete due to conflicts due to the programming in it from the previous Truck or even the used unit being defective. In most cases your best served to replace it with a new unit so programming is not an issue.