Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I have a 2011 Acadia. I shorted a circuit trying to change a

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Acadia. I shorted a circuit trying to change a fuse. Now, I cannot get the gear shift to move from park. There has to be a way to manually override this and let us drive it to the dealership to let them fix whatever electrical problems there are. Can you inform me how to do the override?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Two part answer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: I do want to get it into gear myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

The only way to do this on your truck is to remove the shift cable from the transmission under the hood. It is fairly easy to get to and I can give you instructions if you need me to. The cable clips on the lever right beneath the air filter housing.