Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Having trouble while towing on a 2003 GMC Duramax.Truck goes

Customer Question

Having trouble while towing on a 2003 GMC Duramax.Truck goes into limp mode sometimes when towing a 28.5 ft 5th wheel.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is or has the check engine light come on with this fault here at all or have you had the fault codes checked at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This truck has been to my local tranny guy and to a GM dealership.Neither one has a clue what's wrong.The codes are PO7000,PO571,PO735 and U1064.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Are all of these codes setting when the fault happens or is one code in particular setting when this fault occurs?

What has the dealer and transmission guy checked,tested or replaced for this issue here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,thanks for your help.I would love to chat with you but i never received a phone call from Chris.The answer is nothing.The tranny Guy gave me the codes and sent me on my way.The dealership said to drive it til it happenes the drag it into the dealership still hooked up to the 5th wheel.Sounded pretty stupid to me.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I know in some cases depending on the fault a shop or dealer will not be able to diagnose the fault until it occurs again unfortunately.Trying to diagnose it when it isnt acting up will end up showing everything is o.k. so this is most likely why they want you to drive it until it acts up again.

Do you know if the same fault codes are still coming up now or is it acting up now at all?