roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

I have a 2005 Envoy Denali I gradually lose oil pressure

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Envoy Denali I gradually lose oil pressure according to the gauge on a dash goes 40 and slowly drop almost 0 as I go it picks up and if I come to a standstill it drops down almost to zero where the check engine light come on. Took it to Autozone the code said it was the oil pressure sensor I replace the sensor and it did the same thing again don't know what the problem is. Vehicle seems to be running fine its not knocking im just too scared to drive with the pressure low. what else should I check?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The vehicle drives good I replace the oil pressure sensors 2 different times the gauge still fluctuate sometimes now and then drop down to almost zero when i come to a stop when i speed up it'll pick up more pressure .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  roybelding replied 9 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you need to check the pressure with a manual gauge to verify the readings are correct. you can rent one at a parts store. I would start here

Roy

how are you making out

how are you making out