Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist
279429

98 GMC sonoma. The daughter from Utah called (so, no, I

Customer Question

98 GMC sonoma. The daughter from Utah called (so, no, I can't check it myself). She says intermittently it won't start. Everything cranks just fine, it sounds like it should when it's starting, except it doesn't. Even after several attempts, when it doesn't start, it won't. This has happened a couple of times last couple of weeks, so not often. When it is in "fail" mode, it eventually will finally start. Thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GMC. The GMC Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Can't. It's 2000 miles away.
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: I'm sure there is, but more I don't know. Battery and starter and connections all APPEAR to be OK.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This condition is most likely caused by a bad/weak fuel pump. This is very common. Sometimes the fuel pressure regulator can fail causing this condition so be sure to check that as well.

Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.