Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Need to know if the ecm in this duramax diesel 6.6 2006 is

Customer Question

need to know if the ecm in this duramax diesel 6.6 2006 is correct .It had a bosch 12606127 the new one is(###) ###-####
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: wont read a scan tool wont start and gets only a po602 error
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned fuel tank put all fresh fuel in removed all of the rubber hoeses all new filters new cp3 pump installed cleaned out rails replaced fuel rail pressure sensor .replaced all glow plugs and now a new glow plug controler is installed replaced main batterys
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The GM Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: all fuses were also checked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I am not pulling up that new part number in any catalog. It should be 8 digits and the new number you posted is only 7. I need you to recheck that number for me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the last number must not have printed . it is a 7 just like the old one ,the new one is dated 01/04/2016 .I'm wondering if its just locked up . I can break ground wire that powers starter relay .Relay to ground and starter turns fine ecms not talking . no glow plugs .Scan tool gets a ecm,pcm program error .all I get is po602 ,po2610 ,with starter override .
hope this helps ..
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Well, I have gone thru every parts catalogue I have, and cannot find this part number any where to be able to confirm if it is the correct replacement or not. Based upon the symptoms, it is either incorrect or simply defective out of the box.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Id like to talk about this with you ,been in my garage taking up space to long . Have clean fuel,New batteries ,new cp3 pump ,regulator,sensor, glow plugs,glow plug controler. Its Computer isues . how should it have acked when i first installed it and then the batteries Dash lit up , msl light stay lit ,no glow plug light shows a light with a gear and a cresent wrench pictured
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
vin is 1 GDG5V1217F405476 GMC 2007 LLY DURRAMAX C- 5500 BUS COACH 35 PASSENGER
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found power to the ecm was good but had no location that the ecm grounds . I tried grounding the starter relay . it both would crank and the scan tool would now read .dash lights came on even before doing this . where are the grounds for this ecm