Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2008 GMC Yukon XL – The rear door will not automatically

Customer Question

2008 GMC Yukon XL – The rear door will not automatically open. Using the remote the unlock motor runs but the door does not open, then the unlock motor relocks. Pressing the rear button on the door unlocks the door and immediately relocks. I can open the rear door if I press the rear button and pull at the same time. I have to manually close the door, pushing the close button does not do anything. The motor that actually moves the door never moves. I have checked the UNLCK1 & 2 FUESES, LCK1 & 2 FUSES, OBS DET FUESE, LIFTGATE RELEASE FUSE, and the J Case74 – Power Liftgate Module (Looks the same as the others, could not get this out and did not want to damage). Where should I look next?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle, Is this the lift gate that we are talking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cam - Went out to try to move the rear door (lift gate) today and it worked. Tried it with both remote and button. Not sure what is going on - i will contact you if the problem re-occurs. Thanks Andy

Sounds good Andy.

Please bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it so we can continue the discussion. This is done by pressing (CTRL D on PC and CMD D on Mac). You can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you rate the site and I will reply.