Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Since i got my transmission fixed my remote start wont work

Customer Question

since i got my transmission fixed my remote start wont work i hit the start button and it kills the engine wont start i have to put the drivers side window down to reset
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: how do i fix this problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You may have to have this re programmed to work properly.If this is a factory remote start let me know as well as let me know the year make and model here of your vehicle.If this is an after market installed remote start this will need reprogrammed by an audio/remote start install facility to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete