Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

2000 gmc 2500 hd idles at 2000 rpm. intake gasket has

Customer Question

2000 gmc 2500 hd idles at 2000 rpm. intake gasket has already been replaced. also iac and tps sensors new. tb has been cleaned. vacuum booster checked. no codes. any help appreciated.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try crimping off the vacuum hose to the brake booster with the engine running but not when driving the vehicle and see if the engine then idles down.If it does then this indicates the brake booster itself has a leak and needs replaced in most cases.If it does not idle down then or if this model does not use the vacuum brake booster assembly let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete