Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Can I put a 5.7 liter out of my 1999 Tahoe into my 2000 gmc

Customer Question

Can I put a 5.7 liter out of my 1999 Tahoe into my 2000 gmc older body that also had a 5.7 liter in it
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be done if this is an older body style GMC truck as the 1999 and 2000 engine are the same.I believe the sensors are the same as well.I would check the sensors when installing it to make sure everything plugs in correctly and to see if any sensors need swapped out at all.My info shows the engines being the same engine and I have done this myself before as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete