Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

I have a 93 gmc sierra replaced the starter, ignition

Customer Question

I have a 93 gmc sierra replaced the starter, ignition switch. Interment starting. No crank no click, random may hear the starter trying to ingage for two seconds. Any thoughts
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Very random on the no crank no start. If i turn the key again it will continuously start up. Let it set for a few it will do it again, but sometimes it will start up.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** be happy to assist with this today.

One common issue I have seen cause a fault like this here is a fault with one of the battery cables being dirty or corroded and in some cases high resistance in one of the battery cables.

If you have not checked to see if any cable is found dirty or corroded causing this fault here or if any appear damaged this needs done.

Make sure the connections at the starter and alternator are clean and tight as well.

If these are or were checked and found to be o.k. Let me know so we can continue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete