t-fran21
t-fran21, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Tech
10186415

In my 2010 gmc acadia I lost all power I put my key in to

Customer Question

Customer: in my 2010 gmc acadia I lost all power I put my key in to start it and nothing and my key wont come out cant even jump it it as no power to anything
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok I went out to use my keyless to unlock my car and it would not work so I used the key to unlock it well the alarm didn't go off so I put my key in to start it and there was nothing no power to anything then trying to jump it and it has nothing and my key wont come out at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  t-fran21 replied 10 months ago.

First make sure all fuses are good. If so, make sure the horn can blow strong, it it can't blow get boost with jumper cables, if it still want blow reply back. If all that's ok see if the headlights will turn on with the key off, if they don't then more than likely you have a bad body control module. If they do turn on you will need a scantool to finish diagnosis or please accept a live phone cal so I discuss more in detail. Please give a positive rating. Thanks