Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

This is tech (cam) I need the wiring diagram two large

Customer Question

this is for gmc tech (cam)
I need the wiring diagram for the two large connectors sitting above the drivers valve cover on an 05 lly duramax. I am having some cam codes and need to know which wires are which.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. You need the cam sensor wiring identified as well?

Cam and crank sensor wiring is in the larger connector. Attached is the diagram as well as connector picture and pinout of that larger connector.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, we have codes p0340 and p0341. the truck will start after a long soak but if you turn it off, even for a second, it will not restart.
We have check wiring, swapped sensors with new, swapped ECMs with an identical truck, and found a pushed out connector in those large connectors I spoke about.
With the information you just provided I now know the connector that pushed out is wire 632 which is the low reference for the Cam sensor which would make sense of all of our issue except we just "fixed" that connector and it didn't fix it and it still wont start and still has the same codes. We tried to get that connector to push back in but the plastic connector itself if broken so we spliced a wire around the connector with a quality weatherpack connector. Could that be an issue?

IF it pushed out, that suggests other connector issues. Are any of the other pins stretched, bent?
Corrosion in the wires leading up to the connector I have seen corrosion. Is there any back either side of the connector?
Check for stretched terminals at the connector for the cam sensor as well.
Simply swapping ECM 's won't work as the security will stop it from running.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we could still have a bad ECM. How would we check that? Check the cam sensor wires for voltage while running to verify if we have an ECM problem??

Basically yes. Check for all wiring and pin fits. shorted wires and the lot and if you find nothing then we may indeed have a bad ECM still.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well this engine was just recently installed so I am thinking it was damaged then.
Ok, is a weatherpack connector suitable for this connection? I mean we cut the bad wire out of the connector from either side and butt spliced it with good glue filled splices. We then made a connection with a weatherpack connector i the event we had to remove it later.

As long as it is sealed, it will be fine.