Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** ***** and im working on a 2004 gmc sierra

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** and im working on a 2004 gmc sierra 4x4 crew cab or 4 dr whatever you call it. scanner is telling me there is a short or open in the brake booster soleniod circuit. driving it its like it only has first gear and if you gas on it it either applies the brakes or its trying to shift into two gears at the same time. it really slows down like im stomping on the brakes. any ideas where the brake booster soleniod is located or what my issue may be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a work truck they gave me to use. it has a lot of rough miles on it. often when i get in and start it the info display sets itself to another language. im getting better at reading french and spanish. lol kinda hard to change it back without knowing the language. lol the truck has had a lot of its life working in mud and not just mud but mud mixed with feed and cow shit. sorry is what it is... so the acidic properties of the mixture is hard on everything. i push and push for all the equipment to get washed more often but i dont win... ever. sucks being a mechanic for a big dairy.. lol
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GMC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes idk if i have that much on my card... but im stuck here at work so as cheap as you can get would be great
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

What size Sierra?

What liter engine?

Do you recall the code number stored?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris