Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

I left my 05 envoy parked in reverse(backed it in and spaced

Customer Question

I left my 05 envoy parked in reverse(backed it in and spaced puttin it in park)over night now it wont start cuz its not in park and I cant get it outa reverse
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

can you get under the truck and see on the drivers side of the transmission if the shift cable has popped off the little shift lever on the transmission

these are very common for the cable popping off the lever

usually aligning the lever by hand and popping the cable back on with a pair of pliers does the trick and if it keeps popping off or will NOT pop back on then either the cable will need to be changed OR they sell online repair kits to change the bushing or the end of the cable which is very cheap to buy and very easy to do as they come with great directions to change the end or the bushing

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE with any follow up with this question even after you rate us here as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer