Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Sitting in my truck and it just shut down, stopped hard to.

Customer Question

Sitting in my truck and it just shut down, stopped hard to. Went to start it back up and it sounds like theres no compression. HELP
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent had the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle this needs done.Any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.Check and see if the engine oil is over full and smells like fuel.If it does there is a good chance one or more of the fuel injectors are at fault as this is common on this engine and needs replaced.You would need to have the injectors tested to locate any at fault needing replaced to correct this here.

If no codes are set and the oil level is o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete