Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

Smelling gas around tank/gas cap,seeing a stain in my

Customer Question

smelling gas around tank/gas cap,seeing a stain in my driveway,where should I start for trouble shoot,my driveway has a slight incline
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Well the fuel tank is plastic unless something has punctured it I would rule it out. More than likely the top of the tank at the fuel pump with is plastic as well but rather weak and it gets brittle over time and cracks allows leak. The filler neck is also a good candidate. As far as being a bomb I would not park inside garage, I am in upstate NY lots of salt and rust have seen Way too many fuel system leaks never seen one catch fire or explode. I would stop by your local shop and have them take a peak. I/we do not charge to look and some decent shops will do the same. If fuel pump is problem looking at 5-600 bucks for parts and labor. Hope this helps good luck and keep me posted. Please remember to rate my Service and Accept Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will start tomorrow morning, I will let you know what is up ,can you tell me am I driving a bomb
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

no no bomb. You will be fine you would not believe what I have seen people driving I have not a single doubt. get it checked you will be fine just park outside.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to Rate my service and Accept. Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rate him very high, I feel much better about everything
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Thanks but you need to Rate me/ feedback and Accept the answer to provide me payment for my service. Thank You.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to Rate my service and Accept my answer Thank You.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a chance to have your envoy looked at? Curious to what they may have found.