Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I just got a quick questions about a 2002 yukon xl
,

Customer Question

Customer: I just got a quick questions about a 2002 yukon xl
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: For some reason the low beam headlights will not turn on while the high beams still work. The hdlp relay has been replaced and the left and right headlamp fuses are perfectly fine. Sometime tapping on the engine bay fuse box would get the low beams on but that's not working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah, i can come back on in like an hour or so
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

HI there, I am Cam. Can Ig et your first name please?

Have you had a look under the fuse block yet? On these vehicles, the wiring under there is know for issue due to mice intrusion and nesting.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dan's my name, I still need to look under the fuse block, I have just been waiting for a warm day.

Ok Dan. With the tapping I think we would be best to start there. IF you can do that, you can get back to me on this thread if you do not find that is your issue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can do it, for once its nice and sunny outside.

Please bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it so we can continue the discussion. This is done by pressing (CTRL D on PC and CMD D on Mac). You can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you rate the site and I will reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay

OK, thanks. (ps, I need to be the last to reply otherwise it makes me respond to you before I can assist other customers so you need only reply when you have updates. )

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is the proper procedure for removing the fuse block?

Take the fender brace off, that’s the angle bracket with 4 bolts.
Remove large cover. There are a couple tabs on engine side. >Lift it off.
Then a tab can be moved against fender side to flip up the fuse block on a hinge.