Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

No heat on a GMC 2000 Yukon XL blower works, hoses are

Customer Question

Customer: hi, no heat on a GMC 2000 Yukon XL blower works, hoses are warm/hot;
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Air con works fine. heat issue from last winter. heat had just cut out. tested console control module with replacement. That's not it. actuator? sensors? etc?\
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GMC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure -- if it works yes. \ I don't have a scan tool so I can't do much diagnostics.\
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any suggestions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check and see if both heater core hoses are very warm to hot to the touch and about the same temp in feel.If one is cooler and the other is allot warmer this indicates the heater core is restricted needing flushed out or replaced.If they are both hot to the touch then the temp actuator itself is most likely at fault needing replaced.I have had to replace this actuator several times before for this fault here.It will need calibrated as well after it is replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete