Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

My name is ***** ***** and i recently purchased a chevrolet

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** and i recently purchased a chevrolet stepvan for use as a storage building, but it has a 6.5 diesel in it. someone stole the radiator and in the process the positive wire that runs from the driver's side battery to the passenger side battery. in one diagram it shows positive lead from drivers battery also goes to the glow plug controller and the other diagram ive looked at shows it running from the passenger side battery. does it matter whick battery that lead runs from?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: positive battery wires missing completely from right battery. how are they run.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GMC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

HI there, I am Cam.

Sorry to hear about this.
No, it does not matter which battery this runs from. Its only 12V system so the batteries both have positives connected together and grounds to the ground. As long as both have good connections it does not matter.