Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2000 yukon xl 4wd with the 5.3. It's has 280k

Customer Question

I have a 2000 yukon xl 4wd with the 5.3. It's has 280k miles. Just replaced the manifold intake gaskets. After install truck would crank, but not fire. Had pressure at fuel rail and spark, sprayed starter fluid in throttle body....still no fire. Removed manifold and replaced camshaft pos. Sensor and map sensor. Still no fire...any ideas...
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Have you checked for blown fuses?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked the fuses under the hood. I did not check any of the relays
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a scan tool?

Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Test light?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pretty basic one.... a $50 cheapy....and I bought a little more expensive bluetooth unit that I cannot get to read. I disconnected the battery before replacing the gasket, and must have reset the codes as my che a py reports no codes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rented some noid lights and I have a multi meter
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

use the noid lights and check for injector pulse. I will be on in morning

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tx, will do. I also rented fuel pressure check kit. I will get back with you mid am tomorrow (I'm in Wisconsin ) after checking
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

OK. Let me know the results

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SamNot sure why.... but as I was checking the signal to the injectors, it sounded like it wanted to fire. Plugged the injector back in and away it went! Ran rough until I got the throttle body covered up, then smoothed right out. This after 4 days, repulling the intake to check....any thoughts?
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Only thing I can think of is that the fuel system wasn't primed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My thought too.... I do have a couple of codes that have shown up. P0101.. p0341 and p0342. I did replace the camshaft position sensor
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

The P0101 is mass air flow. You said you had hose off when starting No worries

The P0341 and P0342 Cam sensor performance. You said you replaced no worries

Clear the codes and see if they return

Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.