Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I just replaced my Ecm in my 2004 Sierra and now it won't

Customer Question

Hi there. I just replaced my
Ecm in my 2004 Sierra and now it won't start
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

The computer will need to be programmed with your vin number and the proper calibrations.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As I mentioned in my comments the truck has already been programmed by Auto Zone as I provided them with the VIN # ***** they flashed it prior to sending it to me
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

You need to do a theft learn (see attached)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do all vehicles require this process after switching the ECM?
Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

Yes and sometimes it cannot be done manually

Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

All is a broad statement. No not all need the relearn done. Most do. different manufacturers do it differently

Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all. You still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  Toolhut replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.