toddwr007
toddwr007, Other
Experience:  GM Master certified.35 years of experience in the automotive field. ASE Master Certified Technician
24034660

Bought a used 2001 yukon xl with service airbag light on.

Customer Question

Bought a used 2001 yukon xl with service airbag light on. Replaced front impact sensor (it was missing) but light still on. Behind glove compartment I found two yellow connectors....one connected and one not. Why would one be not connected? There is a passenger airbag switch that is operational.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bypass passenger airbag switch is operational. Is there a wiring diagram for the airbag system for my 2001 Yukon 1500 XL?
Expert:  toddwr007 replied 11 months ago.

Hello: Ok the system has been disabled (due to the fact it was an EMS vehicle, You need to connect the drivers side steering column module, and behing glove box, connect the second connector (this is for seat, for the computer to know that the seat has a person in it) Thanks Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!