Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 gmc safari 4.3L replaced power steering pump because I

Customer Question

2005 gmc safari 4.3L replaced power steering pump because I believed it was bad. Still no power steering. Cracked every connection related to the power steering and fluid is coming out of all of them but you don't see fluid circulating in the resivour and still no power steering. What would cause this?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Are you able to perform a pressure and flow test on the new pump?

Have you checked all lines/cooler with air to make sure there is zero restriction?

If its not the pump and lines then its the steering gear that is faulty.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris